TS Designs is a screen printing company committed to sustainability. We offer unique t-shirt brands that focus on local, transparent supply chains.
We learned some cool info about one of the brands we think you should be checking out. They explained Garment Dye and it helps to understand why they have attained and continue to be a leading B Certified Company. From TS Designs:
Why Garment Dye?
Garment Dyeing: Building from a city rich in textile history.
Our dye house facility in downtown Burlington, North Carolina has a local history as a former sock factory that knitted and dyed socks from the 1960s through the 1990s. We had the opportunity to purchase this equipment and lease the facility around 10 years ago, and knew it was a good investment to stay aligned with our values as a B-Corporation.
Benefits to Garment Dyeing vs. Tradition Dyeing
- Consistency: We control the variables that assures color consistency and works with our eco-friendly REHANCE™ printing technology.
- Faster to Market: Domestic production can mean faster turn around times, vs. ordering products produced in other countries. Because we dye our garments after the shirts are sewn, there is not a limitation on color choices and the customer has greater flexibility on when to determine the garment color.
- Smaller Volumes Possible: Our variety of dye tubs allow us to batch dye in smaller quantities.
- Truly Pre-Shrunk Apparel: We jokingly say, if our shirt doesn’t fit the same 6 months from now… it’s not the shirt’s fault.
- Minimal Impact: We are focused on using environmentally responsible dyes. The City of Burlington wastewater treatment plant was built around textiles. It is only a few blocks from us and we are fortunate to have a great relationship with them.
This allows us to grow with our mission to create the best wearing, highest quality, domestically made apparel, with minimum impact to the environment.
Dye House Capabilities
- 5 sample and 9 production tubs ranging from 2.5 lb thru 164 lb capacity
- Atmospheric dyeing with a natural fiber focus including cotton, hemp, and wool
- Minimum production weight of 60 lbs and a 3 week turnaround time
- Pricing based on per-pound for dyeing and per-piece for handling
- 100 colors to choose from. Custom colors and color matching is available
- Softener used in fabric finishing should be non-cationic & non-silicon-based, with cotton thread, unless a contrasting color thread is desired
Clothing with meaning, and connection.
100% made in the USA.